Our COVID-19 Response
We have been closed to short term rentals to protect our long term residents and staff, but will be carefully reopening beginning July 1, while taking extra precautions. Know that we are watching developments, reevaluating as needed, and following the guidelines of the city, county, CDC, and Airbnb.
- Disinfecting: In addition to thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting each room between guests, (following Airbnb’s coronavirus guidelines), we will also be blocking off 3 days between guests in each room (again per Airbnb’s guidelines). Each guest room will be supplied with an all-purpose cleaning and disinfecting spray; and paper towels. Additionally, each guest room will be supplied with an individual package of disposable gloves, masks and hand sanitizer.
- Non-essential public areas: All common areas throughout the building are sanitized throughout the day by staff. However, for our guests’ safety, we advise they not use the building’s common kitchen, lobby computer, or 1st floor and 3rd floor common bathrooms.
- Airflow: Rooms at the Gray Rock Inn do not share central heat or air conditioning, so there is no shared airflow. We have individual radiator-style electric heaters for the cold months, and window AC units for the warm months. Additionally, we will be keeping the hallway and bathroom windows open to enhance ventilation during warm weather months.
- Self Check-in: To reduce face to face contact, for the foreseeable future guests will be using one of our lock boxes to retrieve keys for their stay. Keys and lock boxes will be disinfected before each arrival.
If you have questions or concerns, please call or message us through your reservation on Airbnb.
Airbnb Travel Guidelines
We will be following the cleaning and disinfecting guidelines provided by Airbnb here, including the following:
- Light switches
- Remote controls
- Fan and lamp chains
- Window sills and window handles
- AC unit controls
- Ironing boards and irons
- Garbage and recycling bins
- Faucet handles
- Showers and tubs
- Shower curtains and doors
- soap dispensers
- Hangers and luggage racks
CDC Travel Guidelines
Protect yourself and others during your trip:
- Clean your hands often.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, after touching surfaces frequently touched by others, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and before touching your face or eating.
- If soap and water are not available, bring and use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub your hands together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Keep 6 feet of physical distance from others.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Pick up food at drive-throughs, curbside restaurant service, or stores.